Brand, Web, App, Social
Creative Project Manager
I wanted to be a stunt man, even trained in fight choreography, until my enjoyment (and quicker recovery times!) for creating within the digital industry took over.
Easy going, I love being a dad and chilling out with family and friends. Discovering new techniques and services within the digital and gaming sectors. In my spare time I'm getting back to my programming roots with Unity and C# and building a web app with Meteor.
Whisky optional, but preferred!
What I Do
Experienced in the full project lifecycle utilising traditional and agile techniques.
From requirements gathering to maintaining the backlog, ensuring the project is well defined and operating smoothly towards its business goals. While keeping everyone sane, collaborating and enjoying their work.
Experience recruiting and managing multi disciplinary teams both in-house & remote across simultaneous projects. Identifying and removing impediments and ensuring the team is productive and on track.
Design & Development
I can quickly communicate with a multidisciplinary team. Knowing when tasks are taking longer than they should, identifying the issues and working closely with designers and coders in finding problem resolutions.
Experience as a consultant, manager and business owner has given me valuable insight into the pressures faced operating a business and the importance of meeting time frames, bringing a project to launch within budget.
Present Oct 2013
- Managing a team of 6 comprising of 4 core team members with remote management of an additional outsourced designer and sound engineer.HaywireRobot.com
- 2 self published games live on the Apple App Store:
SuperPipe Snowboarding & Can't Save Dave
- Bespoke app ordering system in development.
Game & App Development Studio
Feb 2014 Jan 2012
Frenetic Design Studio
Co-Founder & Project Manager
- Recruited and managed an in-house team of 8.FreneticsStudio.com
- Producing scope, feasibility, timing and costing documentation.
- Creating detailed project plans and technical specification documentation.
- Sprint planning.
- Progress reviews and reporting internally and externally.
- Presenting to clients and investors.
- Produced two main projects simultaneously and several sideline projects, comprising of two individual multi-disciplinary teams.
Jan 2012 Apr 2007
- Consulted on a wide range of IT requirements for small to medium sized businesses. From infrastructure setups, software and website development to staffing and operation.
- Evaluating project concepts.
- Analysis and feasibility reporting.
- Risk assessment and recommendations.
- Project planning.
- Creation and management of SEO, SEM and Email marketing campaigns.
Development- E-commerce website design & development for Furniture on the Net and Urban Furniture.
Apr 2007 Nov 2002
- Progressed from part-time junior developer (during university) to lead developer.
- Redesigned and managed the change of the main product line. Epos terminals software. Updating the initial outdated system with a modern touch based visual system.
- Technical and software infrastructure setup and management. Client head offices ranging from 10 - 400+ staff members. Including many MS Exchange Server and File Server configurations.
2:1 BSc (Hons) Software Development
Glasgow Caledonian University
Honours project: Artificial Intelligence, Predictive Modelling Development.
HND Computing Software Development
Glasgow Clyde College
End of course project: Developing software for children with special needs.
Download a printable version of my CV.
Wireframing & Rapid Prototyping
Planning, Customer journey mapping, UX & UI concepts.
Testing and refining.
HTML & CSS - jQuery - C# & Objective-C [basic] - Meteor.
Familiar with a range of CMS systems inc WordPress and Magento.
Reviewing and actioning data from a range of sources. Combining analytical data and social data to discover areas of improvement and growth.
Advertising & Marketing
Planning, running and reviewing paid advertising platforms for web, social and mobile. Configuring and operating Email/drip marketing campaigns.
If you think I would be a good fit with your company and projects then give me a call or drop me an email.
3 Brent Avenue